I'd like to recommend this course as it was instrumental in providing for me the necessary push to shift industries. The course content was well thought-of, clear, easy to absorb and very interesting.
For those who want to start your content marketing journey, you may want to take this course. It focuses on touch base points but also goes into further details on what you need as a content marketer.
교육 기관: Elizabeth N C•
It remains to explain more of marketing content strategies that is more dynamic in the practical case lessons resembling a real case
교육 기관: LAURA D A•
The audio lectures are not as effective. I was expecting a video since this is a course, not a podcast.
교육 기관: Pierluigi L•
interesting and rich in content, but absolutely dispersive!!!!
교육 기관: Benito V•
Taking a while to get anywhere of relevance to me.
교육 기관: Emily R•
Quite basic and not especially engaging.
교육 기관: Vicky Y C•
The course is nothing about content "strategy" but more on copywriting and in a very high level, general way. Not useful at all. Please don't waste your time and money here. Some framework, method were not meant for content marketing at all, they just cram stuff together to make a course, not thinking throughout what they want to bring to students, very disorganized.
Few major problems with this course:
1. It teaches nothing about strategy and focusing on building a personal brand, email marketing and copywriting concepts (and not techniques)
For example, on the part of teaching you how to write a headline, the lecturer teaches you from copying/re-use others then adjust from there to write a "killer headline". It didn't really teach you any technique on how to write a good headline. There are certain elements (we call click-baits in the business) that make the headline attractive, but it wasn't in this course.
It also spent some portion talks about email marketing which is more about brand and business and noting about content marketing strategy.
2. The only valuable part of the course is in the reading materials and the external link podcast interviews (which is sooooo hard to find). It completely loose the value of signing up for a coursera course! I learned nothing from the video parts in the course.
For reading materials, they keep repeating themselves. So many stories and high level concepts but no actual skills taught. I can find way more useful content from some content marketing blogs than this.
3. Some essential knowledge to help you work on the peer assignments is hidden in the podcast interview rather than the course video which took me such a long time to find out where to hear those podcast from the discussion forum in this course, and the problem was raised 4 years ago. I can't believe they still keep this course structure until now without any improvement. Plus the podcast interview on Empathy Map was just two people chatting and nothing about teaching you how to build the map.
4. As the course is poorly structured one of the peer assignment didn't give enough guideline or template on how to complete the assignment. You basically need to figure out your own. I also took Facebook and Google courses and their courses are well designed so the peer review assignment quality is good with sufficient guideline so you know what to do.
5. The Empathy Map is not for content marketing, when I googled it I found out it's a method widely used for Product Design (UX UI) and they make it as an assignment for you to complete which is ridiculous! Because you cannot use Empathy Map framework for a piece of copywriting to develop your content, a lot of question it asked just doesn't make sense for copywriting.
교육 기관: Quyen T•
The content of my name on the certificate has a font error. Although I try to fix it, it is the name on my goverment issued-ID so it can not be done. My name is Trịnh Ngọc Quyên (which is the name appear on certificate). My name in Vietnamese has some of special symbols. As a course for global students, choosing a font that cannot be used for Vietnamese makes me find it extremely difficult to understand. My certificate does not look professional at all. I am very angry, I want to ask to change the font. Please choose fonts that are suitable for all countries, please.
교육 기관: Megan P•
I was very disappointed with this course. Most of the useful information was in a "podcast" format without any visuals to accompany them. The whole course felt like one big, poorly produced advertisement for Copyblogger. I really didn't learn anything new and felt like it was a bit of a waste of time. I'm glad I did not pay for the course.
교육 기관: Zhameli K•
Firstly it was quite good, but then a tutor pushed a self-promotion with spreading her hand-outs. There were good words without deeping in ideas of that words.
교육 기관: Osiobe M•
Being a certified content marketing strategist is a thing of great joy. The course has added more to my knowledge as a person and other aspects as well.
교육 기관: Projit D•
Most the lectures are in the form of a "downloadable audio podcast" which makes it way less interactive and unappealing. Not recommended at all.
교육 기관: Linh V H•
Most of lectures are in audio files without subtitle. It is difficult for learners, who do not speak English as a mother tongue, to understand.
교육 기관: Kavan M•
This course is boring and inefficient. Sort of goes against the principles thought in the course for good content.
교육 기관: Kaiquan M•
Buggy course platform. Unable to get reviewers to review my assignment unless I posted in the discussion forums.
교육 기관: abdelrahman a•
i'm so confused due the fluency of the course
really distracting me due to the mp3 discussion
교육 기관: Aduvie O•
I am unhappy that I did not see the full content of this course.
교육 기관: Mauro M•
an endless banality sequence
교육 기관: William H•
not what i expected
교육 기관: Gulnar A•
교육 기관: Yaragadla S•
교육 기관: Abdul A•