In Debt, we take on one of the most challenging financial questions that remains unresolved: How much to borrow? We start by demonstrating why using debt has always been and continues to be a great temptation, particularly when borrowing costs are historically low. We identify conditions for selecting the optimal amount of debt for a corporation looking to maximize its value. You’ll become fluent in related concepts like norms and benchmarks. You will explore these and other factors that influence debt for individuals and for public sector organizations -including governments, who are the largest consumers of debt. Like pollution, debt creates systemic risks even for the people and organizations that don’t create it. This course discusses the imperative of limiting and reducing debt and the costs to all of us if we don’t. We build on case based learning giving you opportunities to interpret, uncover and acquire financial information that is often hidden or missing. We also summarize important threads from previous courses to give you a deep and cohesive understanding of when debt works for you and when it becomes your worst enemy.
이 강좌에 대하여
Founded in 1887, McMaster University is committed to creativity, innovation, and excellence by inspiring critical thinking, personal growth, and a passion for learning. Ranked amongst the Top 100 universities in the world, McMaster pioneered a learner-centred, problem-based, interdisciplinary approach to learning that is now known worldwide as the “McMaster Model”.
Finance for Everyone 특화 과정 정보
자주 묻는 질문
강의 및 과제를 언제 이용할 수 있게 되나요?
강좌에 등록하면 바로 모든 비디오, 테스트 및 프로그래밍 과제(해당하는 경우)에 접근할 수 있습니다. 상호 첨삭 과제는 이 세션이 시작된 경우에만 제출하고 검토할 수 있습니다. 강좌를 구매하지 않고 살펴보기만 하면 특정 과제에 접근하지 못할 수 있습니다.
이 전문 분야를 구독하면 무엇을 이용할 수 있나요?
강좌를 등록하면 전문 분야의 모든 강좌에 접근할 수 있고 강좌를 완료하면 수료증을 취득할 수 있습니다. 전자 수료증이 성취도 페이지에 추가되며 해당 페이지에서 수료증을 인쇄하거나 LinkedIn 프로필에 수료증을 추가할 수 있습니다. 강좌 내용만 읽고 살펴보려면 해당 강좌를 무료로 청강할 수 있습니다.
환불 규정은 어떻게 되나요?
재정 지원을 받을 수 있나요?
What will I be able to do upon completing the course?
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
1. Explain ways in which debt can be useful or detrimental to the individual, the company, and the country.
2. Relate important financial concepts and issues to experiences in your daily life or the real world.
3. Perform financial calculations with accuracy.
4. Build confidence in your ability to manage debt.
5. Engage in research in order to increase your knowledge of particular financial issues/scenarios.
6. Engage with news, issues, and communities that matters to you, inclusive of concepts of finance and debt.
7. Assess finance issues (ex. the debt position of a given entity) with confidence.
8. Analyze how financial concepts are applied by organizations.
How long does it take to complete this course?
The course is structured to be 4 weeks in length.
How often is this course offered?
This course will be offered every month.
What background knowledge is necessary?
No previous knowledge is required. It is recommended that learners have basic mathematics knowledge.
궁금한 점이 더 있으신가요? 학습자 도움말 센터를 방문해 보세요.