Markets begins with one of the most common and important elements of the financial system – interest rates. You will learn why interest rates have always been a key barometer in determining the value of everything. You will explore the changing influence of interest rates; the impact of interest rates on consumption, investment and economic growth; and the bizarre realities of negative interest rates. Markets explains how interest rates change the value of all financial instruments, highlighting the role of the bond and stock markets that have toppled empires. We take a closer look at the equity pricing models and equity markets that reverberate across the globe, and explore everything from the first stock ever issued – by the Dutch East India Company – to the little-understood but powerful derivative securities market. By the end of the course, you will have developed insight into the intersections of the financial markets with worlds of policy, politics, and power. You will have demonstrated that insight by teaching an important financial concept and translating a financial product or transaction to someone who will clearly benefit from your advice.
About this Course
Founded in 1887, McMaster University is committed to creativity, innovation, and excellence by inspiring critical thinking, personal growth, and a passion for learning. Ranked amongst the Top 100 universities in the world, McMaster pioneered a learner-centred, problem-based, interdisciplinary approach to learning that is now known worldwide as the “McMaster Model”.
Finance for Everyone 전문 분야 정보
자주 묻는 질문
강의 및 과제를 언제 이용할 수 있게 되나요?
강좌에 등록하면 바로 모든 비디오, 테스트 및 프로그래밍 과제(해당하는 경우)에 접근할 수 있습니다. 상호 첨삭 과제는 이 세션이 시작된 경우에만 제출하고 검토할 수 있습니다. 강좌를 구매하지 않고 살펴보기만 하면 특정 과제에 접근하지 못할 수 있습니다.
이 전문 분야를 구독하면 무엇을 이용할 수 있나요?
강좌를 등록하면 전문 분야의 모든 강좌에 접근할 수 있고 강좌를 완료하면 수료증을 취득할 수 있습니다. 전자 수료증이 성취도 페이지에 추가되며 해당 페이지에서 수료증을 인쇄하거나 LinkedIn 프로필에 수료증을 추가할 수 있습니다. 강좌 내용만 읽고 살펴보려면 해당 강좌를 무료로 청강할 수 있습니다.
환불 규정은 어떻게 되나요?
재정 지원을 받을 수 있나요?
What will I be able to do upon completing this course?
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
1. Develop your understanding of the broader context of finance as it relates to financial markets.
2. Explain the importance of interest rates to financial markets.
3. Familiarize yourself with bond, stock, and derivative financial markets.
4. Perform financial calculations with accuracy.
5. Gain experience researching investment options and tracking their performance over time.
6. Converse with others about financial concepts with confidence.
7. Build confidence in your ability to participate in financial markets.
8. Relate important financial concepts and issues to experiences in your daily life and the real world.
How long does it take to complete this course?
The course is structured to be 4 weeks in length.
How often is this course offered?
This course will be offered every month.
What background knowledge is necessary?
No previous knowledge is required. It is recommended that learners have basic mathematics knowledge.
궁금한 점이 더 있으신가요? 학습자 도움말 센터를 방문해 보세요.