I like and appreciate courses provided through Coursera.This course is very interesting and valuable for those whose jobs do have relevance with data management .God bless Coursera and Duke University
The course deserves a 5-star rating because: (1) content is relevant, (2) the professor is concise and possesses great teaching skills, and (3) the learning modules are applicable to daily problems.
교육 기관: Steven T•
The content was very useful but I felt that instruction was lacking
교육 기관: demehin I•
still needs a better way of explaining the diversity of the course
교육 기관: Luke R•
Good Course, but final project asks a lot for what this course is
교육 기관: steven u•
Good intro and fundamentals, but focuses far too much on finance.
교육 기관: Diogo H M d F T•
Superficial, esboça assuntos de estatística e mal fala do excel.
교육 기관: 张之晗(ZhiHan Z•
So many terminologies, can you talk those principles concisely?
교육 기관: cherie•
Very hard to comprehend for 6 weeks. But could have been great.
교육 기관: Bernhard K•
Way too theoretical. This is Excel, not Information Theory....
교육 기관: Ernesto R•
Not enough practices for the unexperienced students.
교육 기관: Scott R•
Definitely way more statistics than I expected.
교육 기관: Neelam M•
inclination was more towards concept than excel
교육 기관: SARAH S A•
Tough Course.. Need Mathematical Background
교육 기관: Yohann B•
good, but no material and lack of structure
교육 기관: Ricardo C•
Too much theory and no excel learings.
교육 기관: Reiko M•
Not so comfortable with using Excel.
교육 기관: Sundeep g•
It was great to have this course.
교육 기관: Hao C•
Not so relevant with real work.
교육 기관: Joseph M•
It was an interesting course.
교육 기관: Carlos S C•
Final project really hard
교육 기관: Vishal R•
Not much explanatory
교육 기관: Santiago B•
교육 기관: Syed A M K•
교육 기관: Jorge D•
교육 기관: Gabriel O C•
- Classification lecture is good;
-Weekly assignments are challenging enough
- No slides provided. Professor draws on an eletronic chalkboard (with a very bad handwriting) and you need to keep going back to videos when you are doing the homework. For me, this shows lack of professionalism and laziness
- Some excel sheets are provided. But they are very messy and badly formatted, matching the messy handwriting in the videos. AND, the instructions are for MAC! No instructions for PC are provided whatsoever. I never used MAC, so I had a very hard time!
- Very few examples real examples are provided;
- You learn math concepts, not Excel skills! Except for the LINEST function, which is very handy, BUT it's NOT TAUGHT in the videos. I had to google the function to learn it.
- They say to complete each piece of the final assingment after you finish the respective week related to that piece. But they only say that as you start week 6!
- The course doesn't provide sufficient material for the final assignment. You get stuck without knowing how to get to answers;
- Some answers to the final assignment are not correct, you check the answer sheet, and the results aren't present in the test!
I'd never recommend this course to anyone. I only took it because I'm plannening to finish the specialization.
I've taken several Online Courses (5+ on Excel), and this is the worst and most frustating one by far!
교육 기관: Emanuele M•
An interesting course, however, undermined by the number of topics addressed that for their complexity would have deserved a more systematic and less random treatment. The course is based on several pre-compiled excel files that should be a demonstration of the theoretical topics covered. This approach does not ensure the mastery of the theory by reducing the quizzes to the mere filing of cells with predetermined formulas.
I find the part on linear regression the most catastrophic. Having personally some basis of statistics, I have somehow managed to complete the course, but the treatment, especially with regard to the concept of entropy in information theory, should be completely revised. I don't understand why Professor Eggers doesn't start from basic concepts and then expand to more complex ones instead of the opposite. The final work, despite the formulation, is almost completely incomprehensible (check on the forums to believe), as unfortunately often happens here on Coursera is judged good-natured and the general level is very low, with a wide degree of plagiarism.